[Dovecot] [Blasphemy] Can I build dovecot with "-fstack-protector"?

Uldis Pakuls neko at it4u.lv
Mon May 21 02:52:40 EEST 2007

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
>
>> On Sun, 2007-05-20 at 18:55 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
>>
>>> That's not the case. It's all from debian testing and Postfix builds
>>> perfectly with -fstack-protector.
>>>
>> Just tried myself with Debian unstable and it worked fine, quota plugin
>> as well:
>>
>> EXTRA_CFLAGS=-fstack-protector ./configure --with-ioloop=epoll --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-debug
>>

> Haven't tried EXTRA_CFLAGS. I'll try that tomorrow.
>

>> Package: gcc
>> Version: 4:4.1.2-2
>>
>> Package: binutils
>> Version: 2.17cvs20070426-6
>>

> ii  binutils                2.17-3                  The GNU assembler, linker and binary utilities
> ii  gcc                     4.1.1-15                The GNU C compiler

In Debian bug reports I found following post (15/04/2007):
"-fstack-protector works fine with glibc 2.5, or with '-lssp' if ssp
support is /not/ included in libc. Debian 4.0 is currently broken in
this way (as of libc6 2.3.6.ds1-13), so it would be nice to have a
configure test to work around an affected libc."