[Dovecot] [Blasphemy] Can I build dovecot with "-fstack-protector"?

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Sun May 20 21:23:09 EEST 2007

* Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
> On Sun, 2007-05-20 at 18:55 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> > That's not the case. It's all from debian testing and Postfix builds
> > perfectly with -fstack-protector.
>
> Just tried myself with Debian unstable and it worked fine, quota plugin
> as well:
>
> EXTRA_CFLAGS=-fstack-protector ./configure --with-ioloop=epoll --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-debug

Haven't tried EXTRA_CFLAGS. I'll try that tomorrow.

> Package: gcc
> Version: 4:4.1.2-2
>
> Package: binutils
> Version: 2.17cvs20070426-6

ii  binutils                2.17-3                  The GNU assembler, linker and binary utilities
ii  gcc                     4.1.1-15                The GNU C compiler

Hmm. <UPDATE TIME AGAIN>

# apt-get -t testing install binutils gcc-4.1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
binutils is already the newest version.
gcc-4.1 is already the newest version.

Ah, you're running unstable!

# apt-get -t unstable install binutils gcc-4.1
installs just the package version you'Re mentioning.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de)             plonk at charite.de
Postfix - Einrichtung, Betrieb und Wartung       Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155