[Dovecot] Conflict -> Dovecot + Maildrop (maildirsize)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun May 13 16:01:22 EEST 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 00:01 -0300, censanet.com.br wrote:
> Some user has 1GB quota, and has 512MB used. When an e-mails arrives
> maildrop recalculates the quota (513MB). Then, using dovecot, the user
> deletes some e-mails and, now, 'maildirsize' is overwritten, but in a
> different
> pattern, so there's an inconsistency with the new 'maildirsize'. It
> isn't 511MB
> or less, it starts from beginning (1MB). A 'new' 'maildirsize' file.
> That's the problem. Does somebody known how to fix it ?

From your previous mail:

> 1099511627776S
> 585847701 102542
> 5504023 959

Dovecot calculated the size as 558MB, not 1MB?

If you're wondering about the extra spaces written by maildrop, they
should have no meaning.

If Dovecot calculated the maildir size differently than maildrop, I can
think of 3 reasons:

1. Trash mailbox. Do you use ignore=Trash?
2. You're using an older Dovecot version which has bugs in its Maildir++
code.
3. You're using multiple namespaces and the quota plugin got confused by
those.