[Dovecot] Conflict -> Dovecot + Maildrop (maildirsize)

censanet.com.br rgonzalez at censanet.com.br
Sun May 13 06:01:00 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 10:23 -0300, Roberto Gonzalez Azevedo wrote:
>
>> 'maildirsize' with dovecot:
>> "
>> 1099511627776S
>> 585847701 102542
>> 5504023 959
>> "
>>
>> In both examples the quota is 1GB (1073741824S).
>> And now ? Does anybody known how to fix that ?
>>

> Looks like you're trying to tell the quota in bytes to Dovecot. Dovecot
> wants it to be in kilobytes in its configuration file / userdb (it still
> writes it in bytes to maildirsize, as you can see above it writes 1GB *
> 1024 value in there).

Ok, but it ('Looks like you're trying to tell the quota in bytes to
Dovecot')
isn't the problem, yet ;). I'll try to figure out the problem.
Example:

Some user has 1GB quota, and has 512MB used. When an e-mails arrives
maildrop recalculates the quota (513MB). Then, using dovecot, the user
deletes some e-mails and, now, 'maildirsize' is overwritten, but in a
different
pattern, so there's an inconsistency with the new 'maildirsize'. It
isn't 511MB
or less, it starts from beginning (1MB). A 'new' 'maildirsize' file.
That's the problem. Does somebody known how to fix it ?

Thanks.