[Dovecot] Connection closed by foreign host.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Mar 13 23:22:39 EET 2007

On 13.3.2007, at 23.14, tubauwe at gmx.de wrote:

> I installed dovecot on my system using the following configuration
> (in dovecot.conf):

BTW. dovecot -n is a better way to list the configuration.

> dovecot: Mar 12 22:51:12 Error: setmntent(/etc/mtab) failed: No
> such file or directory

What OS/distribution are you using? /etc/mtab is assumed to be found
with Linux. I think it should exist..

Adding nfs_check = no to dovecot.conf will probably fix this anyway.

> dovecot: Mar 12 22:51:12 Error: child 616 (imap) killed with signal 11

It still shouldn't crash though. Could you get gdb backtrace from it?
See http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html