[Dovecot] Reply-To header [was: Re: quota warning]

Fri Feb 16 18:26:33 UTC 2007

>> I was hoping this would work for messages *I* *replied* *to*, not people
>> who replied to *mine*...

> But that's kind of the point of the header, to let everyone decide for
> themselves if they want to be Ccd or not. I don't think you should
> assume that everyone in the list want replies to go only to the list. I
> know in other mailing lists I do want people to Cc me because I don't
> read all the mails in the list and I could easily forget I had replied
> to some thread.

I know - but this goes back to the old argument, to munge or not to munge.

I'm one of those that believes that - at least for discussion lists like
this - the reply to should default to the list - and make the sender
work if they want it to go direct to the individual.

As it is now, almost every message I send, I have to manually delete the
'To:', and then change the 'CC:' to 'To:'... just as I did on this one.

Of course, it would be nice if Thunderbird implemented a 'Reply-to-list'
button/feature, but it isn't the only one that doesn't have one...

I hate getting duplicates, which is what happens when someone just hits

Anyway, no worries - dovecot is well worth this little aggravation... :)

--

Best regards,

Charles