[Dovecot] Index Prob

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Feb 16 10:28:26 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 21:42 +0100, Kevin Richter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have a problem with rc19 (sorry, i have no time at the moment to
> uptime) and homedirs and maildirs mounted via NFS on Solaris10
..
> dovecot: Feb 15 21:17:55 Error: POP3(ssal0041): Timeout while waiting
> for shared lock for index file /home/ssal0041/mail/.imap/INBOX/dovecot.index

So, index files are stored in NFS and it's timeouting. Do you have
multiple computers accessing simultaneously the same users' mails?

I'm guessing the problem here has to do with NFS lockd, since normally
dovecot.index file can't be write-locked very long. Try setting
lock_method=dotlock. And you have mmap_disable=yes, right?