[Dovecot] trash plugin sql

Marshal Newrock marshal at idealso.com
Wed Feb 14 00:11:38 UTC 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 00:21:43 +0100
Robert Schetterer <robert at schetterer.org> wrote:

> > Your quota definition looks incomplete.  I assume the quota is
> > defined in your user query.  What's the output if you run that
> > query in mysql? Also, what is the current quota usage, and how big
> > are each of the mailboxes?
> >
> Hi Marshal, i didnt found any other info
> about quota/lda/sql
>
> there is a thread
> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-December/018141.html
> i tried
>  to add ':ignore=Trash'
> to user sql query
> this results in
>
> quota=dirsize:storage=50000:ignore=Trash
>
> but tis dont work too
> ( as i understand the thread it cannot work this way )
>

> from wiki it should work only
> with
>
> plugin {
> quota = maildir
> acl = vfile:/etc/dovecot/acls
> trash = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-trash.conf
>
> after all i tried many combinations , none had worked

From http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota: "The above example shows how to set
the same quota globally for everyone. You can override this for one or
all users by returning a quota field from the user database."

http://wiki.dovecot.org/DovecotLDAPostfixAdminMySQL has the following
config sample:
plugin {
  quota = maildir:storage=10240:messages=1000
  acl = vfile:/etc/dovecot/acls
  trash = /etc/dovecot/trash.conf
}

I doubt "quota = maildir" will work, since it doesn't define any
defaults.  You also said that your quotas are defined in the database,
so I'm assuming that it's part of your user query.

The query result you have above indicates that the quota is about 50MB,
and that it should ignore the Trash folder.  What is the current disk
usage of everything except the Trash folder?

--
Marshal Newrock
Ideal Solution, LLC - http://www.idealso.com