[Dovecot] trash plugin sql

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue Feb 13 23:21:43 UTC 2007

Marshal Newrock schrieb:
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:54:56 +0100
> Robert Schetterer <robert at schetterer.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi @ll,
>> with dovecot latest
>>
>> following
>> http://wiki.dovecot.org/DovecotLDAPostfixAdminMySQL
>>
>> i have defined
>>
>> plugin {
>> quota = maildir
>> acl = vfile:/etc/dovecot/acls
>> trash = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-trash.conf
>> }
>>
>> Example dovecot-trash.conf file
>>
>> 1 Spam
>> 2 Trash
>> 3 Sent
>>

>> from wiki
>>
>> The Trash plugin. When saving a message would make user go over quota,
>> this plugin automatically deletes the oldest mails from configured
>> mailboxes until the message can be saved within quota limits.
>>
>> this dont  work at my setup
>>
>> where quota is coming out of sql
>>
>> is there any trick to solve this?
>> or did i missunderstand something
>
> Your quota definition looks incomplete.  I assume the quota is defined
> in your user query.  What's the output if you run that query in mysql?
> Also, what is the current quota usage, and how big are each of the
> mailboxes?

Hi Marshal, i didnt found any other info
about quota/lda/sql

there is a thread
http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-December/018141.html
i tried
 to add ':ignore=Trash'
to user sql query
this results in

quota=dirsize:storage=50000:ignore=Trash

but tis dont work too
( as i understand the thread it cannot work this way )

from wiki it should work only
with

plugin {
quota = maildir
acl = vfile:/etc/dovecot/acls
trash = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-trash.conf

after all i tried many combinations , none had worked

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Best Regards

Robert Schetterer