[Dovecot] New install on Ubuntu Fiesty 7.04

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 02:23:13 EEST 2007

Ok. I made some changes:
wadesmart at wadesmart:~$ sudo dovecot -n
Password:
# /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
protocols: imap
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
mail_extra_groups: mail
mail_location: ~/Maildir
maildir_copy_with_hardlinks: yes
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: passwd-file
    args: /etc/dovecot/passwd.dovecot
wadesmart at wadesmart:~$

This is straight from the quickstart guide. When I started dovecot I
received:
$sudo dovecot
Fatal: listen(143) failed: Address already in use

Do or can I then move to another port?

wade