[Dovecot] New install on Ubuntu Fiesty 7.04

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 00:00:56 EEST 2007

System: Ubuntu 7.04
Dovecot Version: 1.0.rc17
Dovecot -n Output:
wadesmart at wadesmart:~$ sudo dovecot -n
Password:
# /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
protocols: imap
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
mail_extra_groups: mail
mail_location: /home/wadesmart/Maildir
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: pam
  userdb:
    driver: passwd

This is my personal system and I use fetchmail and postfix to get and store
my mail. All Im wanting to do is to access my email in maildir format. I am
new to linux and definitely to this type of setup. Since this is my own
system all these talk about security measures seem a bit overboard for my
needs.

I guess what Im really asking is for a more simple setup instruction set.

wade