[Dovecot] v1.0.0 released (in Red Hat Rawhide)

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Apr 18 23:45:02 EEST 2007

--On Friday, April 13, 2007 2:22 PM -0700 Troy Engel <tengel at fluid.com>
wrote:

> Hi Tomas, if you want to feed this back upstream based on the work I've
> done with Axel:
>
> dovecot-1.0.beta2-pam-tty.patch: no longer needed, applied upstream in
> rc22 (slightly different but same result)
>
> dovecot-1.0.rc15-default-settings.patch: needs reworked, these files it's
> patching have changed a lot. The latest rework I did was for rc29, which
> applies cleanly to 1.0.0 as well (just verified today). Additionally we
> added a default (commented out) /var/log/dovecot.log setting for the
> logfile in the default conf file.
>
> There's also an added dovecot logrotate.d script (using SIGUSR1) to
> support the above log; alas, right now I can't connect to the atrpms.net
> servers to post a link. Feel free to ping me off list and I'll
> file-attach the patches to save the Fedora folk some work. :)

I recommend opening a bugzilla bug against component dovecot. Here's the
current list for that component:

<https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?component=dovecot>

When a new version comes out for some program, I just open an RFE bug and
paste the release announcement. That provides the downstream packagers a
place to track the progress of the update, as well as a place to attach any
special patches (such as the ones you mention).

Since 1.0.0 is now in Rawhide, no request for that is needed, so you'll
want to open a new bug to request modifications to patches in that package.
Open the bug against Fedora Core, "devel" version, etc.

For those wanting to check out the Rawhide package, here's one mirror:

<ftp://mirror.stanford.edu/pub/mirrors/fedora/linux/core/development/source/SRPMS/dovecot-1.0.0-11.fc7.src.rpm>

You'll find others here:

<http://rhold.fedoraproject.org/Download/mirrors.html>