[Dovecot] help with static userdb

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Apr 18 09:04:35 EEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 19:04 -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
>          args = uid=500 gid=500 home=/domains/%d/%n
>      }
>
> When I attempt to log in as, say, kyle at memoryhole.net (via telnet, so
> I *know* I'm logging in as that user), the debug log says that it
> thinks my home directory is "/domains//kyle".

Your passdb drops the domain out. This is usually caused by SQL
password_query:

# The "user" column is needed to make sure the username gets used with
exactly
# the same casing as it's in the database. Note that if you store
username and
# domain in separate fields, you most likely want to return a
combination of
# them as the "user" column, otherwise the domain gets stripped.