[Dovecot] SQL mail storage - yes yes yes!

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Apr 1 09:03:07 EEST 2007

On 1.4.2007, at 2.09, Charles Marcus wrote:

> One of the biggest advantages I can think of is single instance
> storage.

I was planning on implementing that for dbox also.

> Timo? Can you elaborate on how thi sis implemented? Is the message
> broken up into parts? How hard would it be to implement single
> instance storage if an SQL db is used for the storage?

I guess that could be done also. Currently it stores headers and body
in separate fields but in one row.

If this is implemented I think most of the code is going to be
generic, so if it's implemented to one storage it could somewhat
easily be implemented to all of them. Of course not in any standard
way to mbox/maildir.