[Dovecot] Custom Quotas

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 31 17:32:16 EEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 12:16 +1000, Andrew Barrow wrote:
> In our system, the quota covers more than just email. We have a single quota
> that covers email, ftp directory, and personal homepage. The quota is stored
> in a mysql database, in a werid table structure. The quota allocation is
> stored against the user, while the quota usage is stored in 3 rows per user,
> in a seperate table; One row each for www, email, and ftp per user.
>
> I'm currently trying to figure out how we could integrate this quota into
> Dovecot. I'm quite happy to write plugin to handle updating the quota in our
> system, but I have no idea where to start. Any information you could provide
> on updating a quota in a third party system would be much appreciated.

There's quota-dict plugin which should help you get started. Maybe the
easiest way to handle this would be to change lib-dict/dict-sql.c's SQL
statements to the ones you need. Less kludgy way would be to make
dict-sql more configurable. :)

There's some information about quota-dict in
http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA#head-41deec4958e7d40a03bfc1b63ffe4b829fc87af1