[Dovecot] Custom Quotas

Andrew Barrow andrew at myinternet.com.au
Wed Mar 29 05:16:35 EEST 2006

Greetings

I'm currently working on a design, to integrate an IMAP server into our
existing mail architecture. It's proving to be a difficult exercise, mainly
because of how we structure our quotas.

In our system, the quota covers more than just email. We have a single quota
that covers email, ftp directory, and personal homepage. The quota is stored
in a mysql database, in a werid table structure. The quota allocation is
stored against the user, while the quota usage is stored in 3 rows per user,
in a seperate table; One row each for www, email, and ftp per user.

I'm currently trying to figure out how we could integrate this quota into
Dovecot. I'm quite happy to write plugin to handle updating the quota in our
system, but I have no idea where to start. Any information you could provide
on updating a quota in a third party system would be much appreciated.

Thanks for you help.

Andrew
andrew at myinternet.com.au

--
"If we don't have time to do it correctly now, will we have time to do it over
once it's broken?"