[Dovecot] Shared namespaces

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Mar 25 11:41:59 EET 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 16:03 +0000, Mark Lidstone wrote:
> I logged with Thunderbird as user 1 and everything seems to work fine.  However, when I logged in as user 2 I was getting all kinds of errors.  On checking the permissions of /home/public/Maildir/subscriptions it was user1:user1 with mode 600.

Looks like at some point I've thought about adding "subscriptions"
setting to namespaces where you could configure if each one should have
separate ones. For public/shared namespaces I guess this should default
to "no".

Unfortunately I don't think it's easy to currently make namespace's
subscriptions exist in another namespace. I'll add this in TODO, but you
could maybe kludge around this by changing the code, eg. set umask to 0
before file_dotlock_open() in
src/lib-storage/subscription-file/subscription-file.c and back to
original value afterwards.