[Dovecot] Install/configure on FC4 with maildir and mysql

Netlink Tech tech at netlinkcom.com
Thu Mar 16 17:13:26 EET 2006

O.K.

The problem I am having is that I am not able to get the mysql drivers to
compile with the dovecot.spec in dovecot-1.0-0.iva.4.beta3.src.rpm.
(anyone have or know of a dovecot 1.x rpm for FC4 that HAS mysql support
in it?)

I found this on the list archives:

-------------------------------------
but those are not standard RPMs in a CentOS 4 CD set.
Why the difference?

On 11/2/05, Tomi Hakala <tomi.hakala at clinet.fi> wrote:
> Erick Perez wrote:
> > Devel RPMs: All devel (mysql, pam, openssl) are installed and they are
> > recognized at building time.
>
> There is a bug in Dovecot configure script which makes it go through
> clean even when --with-mysql is specified but none of needed libraries
> are found.
>
> I got MySQL support working on RHEL 4 with following MySQL packages:
>
> $ rpm -qa | grep -i mysql
> MySQL-devel-standard-4.1.15-0.rhel4
> MySQL-shared-standard-4.1.15-0.rhel4
>
> So those should be all you need, you can get them at:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/4.1.html
>
> --
> Tomi Hakala

I am trying to build this rpm to support mysql for the userdb and passdb.
I am using mysql for other purposes on this machine, so I would like to
use it for dovecot-auth rather than also install sqllite or pgsql.

The mysql versions installed on this machine:
]#  rpm -qa |grep mysql
libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.7.1-3
php-mysql-5.0.4-10
mysql-4.1.16-1.FC4.1
mod_auth_mysql-2.6.1-4
mysql-server-4.1.16-1.FC4.1
mysql-4.1.16-1.FC4.1
php-mysql-5.0.4-10.5
mysql-devel-4.1.16-1.FC4.1
mysqlclient10-3.23.58-6

How can I verify that the required mysql libs in the spec exist and are
used by rpmbuild?

How can I find...if it exists...a mysql-shared-xxx-4.1.16-1.FC4.1?

I have been using yum to do updates. (repos of fedora and freshrpms).

<big SNIP>