[Dovecot] IMAP Quota request

Apps Lists appslists at neonova.net
Fri Jun 9 19:33:35 EEST 2006

> On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 12:13 -0400, Apps Lists wrote:
>> I noticed Dovecot doesn't track usage when IMAP quotas are unlimited.
>> We'd really like to be able to see utilization for accounts that have
>> an unlimited quota (this is also how CommuniGate works).  What would
>> be involved in adding this?
>
> Perhaps I could change it so that if storage=0 is given, it tracks the
> quota but doesn't enforce it. If the storage=n is omitted completely, it
> doesn't even track it.
>
> I'm not sure what to do if maildirsize file contains 0S. Should Dovecot
> still bother tracking it, or only if storage=0 parameter is given to the
> quota plugin?

Hi Timo.

It seems that maildrop continues tracking storage used even if the quota
is set to zero.  I am currently stuffing ULLONG_MAX-1 in there now so that
quotas are tracked.  This is working perfectly at the moment within
Dovecot, but breaks Maildrop.   The maildir++ specification says bytes are
int, and Maildrop sees ULLONG from Dovecot and refuses to deliver!    Why
they chose to implement a quota that maxes out at 2 gigabytes is beyond
me.  I much prefer the storage type in Dovecot, and will probably end up
having to modify Maildrop to use it.

It might be advantageous to make the "track quota with 0 quota" a
compile-time option.

Steve