[Dovecot] Question about $pat in pop-before-smtp.conf

Gerhard Hofmann gerhard.hofmann at planat.de
Fri Jan 27 12:40:33 EET 2006

Hi,

I have setup dovecot to log all successful pop3 and imap logins into
/var/log/mail.log

I want to use pop-before-smtp to process the log file and write a .db
file where sendmail can look up ip addresses that are allowd to relay.

mail.log entries look like this:
dovecot: 2006-01-26 17:22:28 Info: pop3-login: Login: user=<planat25>,
method=PLAIN, rip=213.83.32.125, lip=192.168.1.98

So the question is: how should $pat variable look in
pop-before-smtp.conf? I tried the patterns suggested in the WIKI and
they do not work. I must admit I'm a newbie to this regex stuff.

BTW, would it be easier to patch my dovecot daemon to use DRAC instead?

TIA
Gerhard