[Dovecot] POP3 only - why is cur/ growing?

Simon Waters simonw at zynet.net
Thu Jan 5 16:05:16 EET 2006

On Thursday 05 Jan 2006 13:57, Wally Winchester wrote:
> Hi,
> I use Sarge's dovecot for a pop3 mail collection server. IMAP is not
> used at all. It works well, but I would like to know why one of the
> accounts also keeps a copy of all e-mail copies in the cur/ folder?

That is "maildir" not "IMAP".

maildir is an alternative form of storing email.

At a guess(!) the file name their email would have been stored in, already
existed as a directory, so dovecot is trying to "cope" with an error.

When they empty there inbox, just try renaming the whole folder, and sending
them some email, if it creates an mbox you know what was wrong.

Alternatively convert everyone to maildir.