[Dovecot] Dovecot can't connect to mysql

fa facha2002 at mail.ru
Fri Feb 24 21:15:17 EET 2006

Hi. I've just compiled dovecot-1.0.alpha5 with mysql support.from freebsd
ports (FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE). It looks like dovecot has problems connecting
to mysql. In the log I'm getting:

dovecot: Feb 24 16:57:41 Error: auth-worker(default): mysql: Connect failed
to (null) (exim): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password:
YES) - waiting for 5 seconds before retry
dovecot: Feb 24 16:57:41 Error: auth-worker(default):
sql(facha at facha.org.ua,127.0.0.1): Password query failed: Not connected to
database
dovecot: Feb 24 16:57:44 Info: pop3-login: Aborted login:
user=<facha at facha.org.ua>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1,
secured

This is my dovecot-mysql.conf:
connect = host=localhost dbname=exim user=root password=qwer
default_pass_scheme = PLAIN
password_query = SELECT password FROM auth WHERE username = '%u' AND domain
= '%d'

Exim is working with the same settings on the same machine. I also checked
if I can use these settings with mysql console client. I don't know where to
look for errors. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks in advance for your answers.