[Dovecot] Re: IMAP login name conversion

Michael Surette msurette at laframboise.net
Fri Feb 24 17:27:23 EET 2006

Zoong Pham wrote:

> [...]

I fail to see your problem.

Outlook and other MUA's login to pop and imap servers with the settings
that you put in.  Yes, it's easier for the user if you say just put your
email address in that box, but you can just as easily tell them to put
joedirt-joedomain_com_au as joedirt at joedomain.com.au and then it will
work.  Remember, this setting is just the login to the server, the email
address that the world sees is a different setting.  This is a setting
that only has to be setup once, so it shouldn't be a big deal unless you
have a **lot** of users that you have to explain this to.

Unless I've totally missed something, of course.

Mike