[Dovecot] Sloooooow pop3 downloads

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Dec 21 16:17:33 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 11:15 -0600, Rian Booyer - Camden County Library
District wrote:
> it's verry slow i saw in the archives something about strace and will
> include it below please help:
>
> my dovecot is crawling when downloading through pop here is my last
> trace file contents

That's a strace of the dovecot master process, which is doing nothing at
the time. You'd need to get a strace of the pop3 process.

Anyway it would help more if you gave some information of your settings
(dovecot -n), operating system, filesystem, mailbox size and so on.