[Dovecot] dovecot's LDA agent

Timothy White dovecot.user at weirdo.bur.st
Fri Dec 15 07:37:15 UTC 2006

On 12/10/06, Bartosz Giza <gizmen at blurp.pl> wrote:

> I want to know if dovecot's LDA create automaticly user dirs or not.

Yes, it creates the dirs, as long as it has permission to. Using a
shared UID/GID and virtual users, I've never had a problem.

> I need also filtering language in LDA and i kknow that LDA has option to use
> sieve scrips.

Yep, sieve scripts. As for more indepth, like custom scripts for each
user, I can't help more. I know it can do it, but the details I don't
know about.

> Generaly i am not sure that dovecot will be a good choice to switch from
> courier.
> Could anybody help me ?

I like it. It works. Best thing is to setup a test system, and try it.

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au