[Dovecot] Disconnects with proxies / new facts

Peter Fern dovecot at obfusc8.org
Tue Dec 12 04:55:28 UTC 2006

Looks like a problem with the proxy to me - sending carriage returns
after each character.  You say 'as soon as the client uses some pop3
proxy,' but I wonder - have you actually tried another proxy, and have
you tried this one with other pop servers?  We know dovecot is working
since you've stated as much, and all dovecot does is interpret what's
sent to it over the socket...