[Dovecot] dovecot imap mbox multiple connections

Danni Allen dannia at jamesons.com.au
Mon Dec 11 22:51:07 UTC 2006

Hi,

The company that I work for are currently looking at a changeover in
clients from pegasus mail(v4) to Thunderbird (v1.5.0.8).  We run dovecot
(v 0.99.13) with mbox.
We currently have a bunch of shared folders sitting in a dummy imap
account that they all connect to and view.  I have read that problems
with Thunderbird have been encountered with this setup due to multiple
connections to the account and that a possible solution is to convert
from mbox to maildir.

I was simply wondering if anyone knows anything about this, as I don't
seem to be able to find any information on it other than a single thread
with a single comment with what seems like anecdotal evidence rather
than something acknowledged.  Is there a problem with this?

Rgds,
Danni Allen