[Dovecot] 'NO' 'Unknown error'

Nagy László nagylzs at enternet.hu
Mon Dec 11 10:21:51 UTC 2006

  Dear List,

I'm writting a program in Python that connects to a dovecot server and
copies/moves messages across different shared folders. The program
throws an error while executing this IMAP command:

UID COPY 232 Archive/Notifications

The same program works fine with other directories and messages. This is
the response from the dovecot server:

('NO', ['Unknown error'])

Do you have an idea what is the problem? This error message is very
cryptic, it does not tell anythig about what is causing the problem and
how to fix it.

By the way, I'm using dovecot-1.0.r7_2 on FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE. I cannot
upgrade to a newer - I had to downgrade to r7 before because dovecot did
not find the inboxes of my POP3s users. (But it did find the same
inboxes for my IMAPs users.)

Thanks,

   Laszlo