[Dovecot] Deliver Root Setuid

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Dec 3 19:02:36 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 18:52 +0100, Ladislav Durchánek wrote:

> > > I guess you could also use virtual quota (eg. maildir++ quota).
> >
> > Should have thought a bit more before replying. :)
> >
> > If you want domain quotas then.. well, Maildir++ quota won't work right
> > now.
> >
> > You could use dictionary quotas (== keep the quota in MySQL), but it has
> > one problem: It doesn't support recalculating quota yet, so making it
> > work for existing users could be problematic. Hmm. Maybe I should
> > finally implement that, so that it would actually be usable..

Implemented it. But it doesn't actually help with domain quotas, since
users can't access each others mails to count the domain quota..

> You mean something like:
>   #   quota = dict:user::/etc/dovecot-user-quota.conf
>   #   quota2 = dict:domain:%d:/etc/dovecot-domain-quota.conf
> what can be found in the wiki (but not in the main sources)?

Yea. Actually that won't really work, but this would:

plugin {
  # "domain" is the quota root name. Could be anything.
  # %d means that the quota "key" is %d, ie. domain. Default is %u.
  # proxy::domain_quota is the dictionary URI
  quota = dict:domain:%d:proxy::quota_domain
}

dict {
  quota_domain = mysql:/usr/local/etc/dovecot-quota-domain.conf
}

Anyway you'll need to apply
http://dovecot.org/patches/quota-rewrite.diff if you plan on doing any
of this.