[Dovecot] dovecot tring to load sql modules

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Aug 14 04:07:23 EEST 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 01:05:54AM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> imap-login and pop3-login would benefit the most from being
> prelinked. Is this being done by anyone? :) I'm not actually sure how
> it's even done, could/should I do it by default?

In FC it's done for quite some time, I think starting with FC1,
e.g. since 2003, by now it should be an active mechanism on most Linux
distributions.

As an upstream author or a packager you don't have to do anything
special - it's done by a nightly script for all libs, there are no
extra steps needed per package/library. It's also a global operation
since it requires a computation of non-overlapping (random) load
addresses of all installed libraries.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net