[Dovecot] Dovecot - Issue with Maildir++ quotas

Andrew Richards ar-dovecot at nwdb.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 21:24:54 EEST 2006

Hi,

I've been bitten by an issue running Squirrelmail on top of Dovecot
using Maildir++ quotas.

Having configured these quotas in Dovecot, I notice that Dovecot
appears not to exclude the 'Trash' folder from its quota calculation
(which it should do, according to the Maildir++ spec). Unfortunately
this breaks Squirrelmail if I try to delete a message from a
close-to-quota mailbox - as per July's thread:
   "Maildir++ quota - how to handle a full mailbox"

Which unfortunately means that a fairly full mailbox can become
'Wedged' with Dovecot/Squirrelmail in this situation with its owner
unable to delete messages if that's the only way they access their
mailbox.

I took a look at the source and found the 'Quota exceeded' lines in
src/plugins/quota/quota-storage.c but didn't understand it well
enough to dive in... except to notice that the 'Trash' folder doesn't
appear to get excluded from the calculations.

cheers,

Andrew.