[Dovecot] Using procmail with virtual users...

Arnaud Guiton arnaud-list at aerine.net
Wed Sep 28 15:07:55 EEST 2005

Hello all,

I've a working dovecot installation on my machine, using exim3, virtual
users and maildirs.

I would like to add procmailrc rules for these (virtual) users, but i've not
succeeded with that.
The authentication is done with a passwd-file looking like this :
testuser:password:uid:gid::/home/mail/testuser::chroot:maildir:/home/mail/testuser/Maildir/

i've put .procmailrc files in /home/mail/testuser/.procmailrc, but it this
not taken into account, because the MTA never calls the procmail router as
it resides after the dovecot one.

How is the proper way of using procmail with virtual user (and is it at
least possible) ?

Thanks,

--
Arnaud