[Dovecot] Problems with alpha3 + openssl-0.9.8

OpenMacNews OpenMacNews at speakeasy.net
Tue Sep 27 02:37:24 EEST 2005

andy,

> Has anybody successfully compiled alpha 3 with the newly released
> openssl-0.9.8?  I just wasted the weekend trying to get dovecot to compile
> using the new openssl libs.  Openssl-0.9.7d works like  dream.  Just wanted
> to know if anybody had this combo working.

fwiw, i've not tried dovecot w/ openssl-098, and i'm on OSX 10.4.2 ...

BUT,

i tried openssl-098 awhile ago, and had SERIOUS problems with MANY apps.  iiuc,
there have been some significant changes from 097->098.

after getting caught up in the OpenSSL <--> Apple ping-pong-politics, i
'retreated' to

            OpenSSL 0.9.7g 11 Apr 2005

and everything ssl-related has been smooth sailing since ...

cheers,

richard