[Dovecot] subscriptions or .subscriptions?

Jon Roma roma at uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 7 01:15:59 EEST 2005

Andy Cravens <acravens at uen.org> wrote:

> I may have found a problem with the documentation concerning the
> subscriptions file.  On the Dovecot web site there is a document that
> outlines the conversion from UW IMAP to Dovecot.  The document says
> Dovecot's folder list is stored in ".subscriptions"
>
> However, I have found that Dovecot's folder list is really
> "subscriptions" without the preceding dot.  Did Dovecot version
> 1.0.alpha1 remove the dot from the subscriptions filename?
> .subscriptions does not seem to work at all.
>
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/moin.cgi/Migration#head-5dde807bf059dea93fc2303e2
> 02b6a19029915c6

Andy, this changed at 1.0, though I don't know which snapshot made this
change.  The file is the same format as UW uses (assuming you're using
mbox store), so you ought to simply be able to rename or hard link the
file and have it work properly.

I can't find where this change is documented, though I know I ran across
discussion about this a few weeks ago on the list.  Sorry to not be more
helpful.