[Dovecot] Large IMAP operations tend to timeout and causeproblems?

Alen Salamun alien at alienworld.org
Thu Oct 20 14:15:36 EEST 2005

Hello Timo!

Well I just did try some large operations on alpha4 (CVS dated from
18.10.05).

System:

CentOS 4.2 x86_64
- Disk is AX100 EMC SAN connected with fibrechannel 2Gb with ext3 on it
- 1Gb RAM (Boot from SAN)
- Xeon 2.8Ghz

I tried copying 3800 mails from one folder to new one. WORKS!
Then I tried deleting this 3800 mails. WORKS!
Purging 3800 mails. WORKS!

Same thing with 5500 mails. WORKS!

So it looks like alpha4 helped to solve that problem! If I'll encoounter
another index corruption, I'll let you know.

BR,
Alen