[Dovecot] Re: 1.0alpha4 uploaded to Debian unstable

Vedran Furač vedranf at riteh.hr
Mon Nov 7 14:34:45 EET 2005

Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Nov 2005, Amelia A Lewis wrote:
>

>>Err.  I really think this is simpler than the questions below imply.
>>

> [...]
>

>>This is the significant line.
>>
>>So, set pop3_uidl_format in the config file, and see if it works.
>>

> You know, I was looking at that and I thought no it couldn't be that
> simple.  I assumed the log was just noting that pop3_uidl_format had been
> set in the config file.

Aaaaa...stupid me. :-)

I shouldn't upgrade stuff after midnight and then complain that
something doesn't work. The log should say something like:

Error! You didn't set pop3_uidl_format in config! I can't work without
it, please set it.

...because "Set pop3_uidl_format setting in config file" looks like an
information and not error.

And yes, after I set this it works. Sorry for disturbing.