[Dovecot] dovecot and passwd-file migration

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 10:04:57 EET 2005

Hi, Im using dovecot with passwd-file authentication and would like to
provide some kind of interface/script to let the users change their
password.

currently my passwd-file looks like:
user at domain.com:{PLAIN}password

I would also like to change the password to the same I use in my Linux
user at domain.com: {MD5}password ???
What do I need to change in the .conf?

Las thing, I just cant find a RPM or Source RPM for dovecot compiled
with MySQL support. Our office uses MySQL and not Postgres.
doing rpmbuild --rebuild --with mysql   to the .src.rpm of dovecot
does not work. dovecot fails telling he has no idea of what mysql is.

If I get a dovecot with mysql rpm I will move from passwd-file to Mysql auth.

Thanks,