[Dovecot] forcing a default namespace

Glenn Leavell glenn at usg.edu
Fri Nov 4 17:47:51 EET 2005

According to the Dovecot documentation, a "default namespace" is defined by
simply configuring the namespace with an empty prefix, as in:

namespace private {
   separator = /
   prefix =
   inbox = yes
   hidden = no
}

But my experience has been that this doesn't provide a true default, and
that this namespace will only be selected when the client actually provides
an empty ("") prefix.  Is there a way to configure a default namespace that
will always be chosen no matter what prefix the client provides, as long as
there isn't an explicit match?  I'd like to be able to have clients find
mailboxes in a particular location no matter what they provide as their
folder prefix.

Thanks very much,

--
Glenn Leavell <glenn at usg.edu>
Office of Information and Instructional Technology