[Dovecot] Dovecot create mbox files. But why?

Mirko Schulze mschulzepr at web.de
Thu Jan 13 19:09:04 EET 2005

Hi there,

my dovecot is now running normaly, but there is a small problem....
We want to to use the maildir format at the mailstorage. But the imap
part of dovecot creates the for mbox specific files, but why?

I created a passwd-file for a testuser. At this tme, there is only on line:

   test2 at dev2.abc.de:ujAN28k8.5zV2:99:99:*:*:*:*

in dovecot.conf are these interesting lines:

auth_userdb = static uid=99 gid=99
home=/vrmd/pop3imap/links2mailboxes/%u/Maildir
auth_passdb = passwd-file /vrmd/mailin/conf/pop3imapdb.passdb.txt

I think, if a path ends of /Maildir dovecot will autodetect the maildir
format.

So what is wrong?

Regards Mirko