[Dovecot] virtual hosting

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Sat Jan 1 23:10:48 EET 2005

I'm trying to figure out how I might set up some virtual hosting
accounts for my server.

domain1 would be delivered via procmail to ~/Maildir mail directories

domain2 would be delivered via postfix to
/var/mail/vhosts/domain2/username and similarly for additional domains.

There's also one domain that's delivered to another machine, but that's
not a dovecot issue.  I just mention it for completeness.

currently I have only domain1 and only:
default_mail_env = maildir:~/Maildir

I'm not really sure how to set this up for additional locations of
maildir:/var/mail/vhosts/%d/%n/Maildir (This seems right?)

Right now I'm wondering if I have to do one of the following:
create two instances of dovecot with seperate configuration files?
move everything to /var/mail/vhosts/%d/%n/Maildir data structure and
the rewrite all my local (~/Maildir) procmail rules to manage delivery..

This is seeming sticky?