[Dovecot] Thinking about switching from courier-imap to Dovecot: 2 simple questions

kadafax kadafax at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:03:03 EET 2005

Hi,
I'm using RHEL4 and since the dovecot RPM is present in the main
repository, I'm thinking about switching from courier-imap (with whom
I've got trouble to update) to Dovecot. Here are two questions about
Dovecot (google didn't answer me):

1. Is it possible for dovecot to use the bind mecanism against ldap for
authentification purpose. My main concern is to avoid the clear-text
password in the dovecot-ldap.conf file. With courier-imap, the process
simply bind to the ldap tree with the users's supplied login/password.
No need for a special authentification purpose user.

2. Does imap's dovecot implementation support folders imbrication (more
than one level folders) ?

Thanks,
kfx.