[Dovecot] prefetch userdb on 1.0.alpha4

Feraudet Cyril cyril at feraudet.com
Thu Dec 8 20:01:20 EET 2005

Le 8 déc. 05 à 18:38, Thomas Hummel a écrit :

> On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 06:19:33PM +0100, Feraudet Cyril wrote:
>
>>> It seems you don't make passdb return user attributes.
>> This filter with ldapsearch command return my uid and pas crypt
>> password ...
>
> Which filter ? I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.
>
> The prefetch feature is just a mean to do 1 (instead of 2) LDAP
> request in the case you can get the user attributes from the same
> database (and the same entry ?) as the passwd attributes.
>
> The search filter leads you to the entry.
>
> The pass_attrs=... gives you the attributes you want. In the case of
> prefetch, it gives you the passwd attributes AND the user
> attributes. The only thing is to tell dovecot the correct hash key
> name to store them, which is why we use "uidNumber=userdb_uid",
> ...instead of just uidNumber, ...

I understands well, I wanted to say that an ldapsearch with the  same
filter as "pass_filter" in dovecot and the same requested field as
"pass_attrs"
return to me both uid ans password.

pass_filter = (&(objectClass=boursoramaMailAccount)(uid=%u)
(mailInternalAllowedProtocol=imap))
and
pass_attrs = uid,userPassword

would be the same thing than

$ ldapsearch  '(&(objectClass=boursoramaMailAccount)(uid=mylogin)
(mailInternalAllowedProtocol=imap))' 'uid' 'userPassword'
(in fact only dovecot's login is able to request userpassword in my
slapd
configuration until dovecot is able to logon as a virtuser to the ldap)

If it's correct it doesn't work for me, I've got Error: auth
(default): prefetch(mylogin,10.3.245.xxx): passdb didn't return
userdb entries

Agree you?

Cyril Feraudet