[Dovecot] prefetch userdb on 1.0.alpha4

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Thu Dec 8 19:38:30 EET 2005

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 06:19:33PM +0100, Feraudet Cyril wrote:

> >It seems you don't make passdb return user attributes.
> This filter with ldapsearch command return my uid and pas crypt
> password ...

Which filter ? I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

The prefetch feature is just a mean to do 1 (instead of 2) LDAP
request in the case you can get the user attributes from the same
database (and the same entry ?) as the passwd attributes.

The search filter leads you to the entry.

The pass_attrs=... gives you the attributes you want. In the case of
prefetch, it gives you the passwd attributes AND the user
attributes. The only thing is to tell dovecot the correct hash key
name to store them, which is why we use "uidNumber=userdb_uid",
...instead of just uidNumber, ...

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau