[Dovecot] Bugtracking system

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Dec 8 01:52:13 EET 2005

--On Tuesday, December 06, 2005 5:03 PM -0800 Dan Hollis
<test3943395 at anime.net> wrote:

> Yeah, i'd much prefer RT to bugzilla. But if dovecot plans to ever switch
> to svn, trac might be a better choice.

Did Trac ever add dependencies? I work on a project using Trac and I
thought that was noticably missing. One can't make one bug depend on
another, as one can do with Bugzilla, so one can't create a tracking bug
hierarchy that enumerates all bugs that must be fixed to make a particular
release.

I've used Mantis with the TeamSpeak project and Bugzilla for Red Hat,
Mozilla, and SpamAssassin. So far the only advantages I saw in Trac were
svn integration (no longer a discriminating factor) and an integrated wiki.