[Dovecot] mbox separators ignored

Ellen Clary ellen at dgi.com
Tue Dec 6 02:33:27 EET 2005

Sorry I'm behind on dovecot email.

Looking at http://www.buoy.com/pipermail/weather/2005-November.txt
It appears that they're using some software to deliberately mangle the
email address in the From line  (both of them) so that they can post
them on the web and not make it easy for the spam bots to harvest the
addresses.  That's no longer a valid From<space> line and the syntax of
that line is very picky.

You'll probably have to write a script to restore the original From
lines.  For example, you'll need to replace <space>at<space> with @

Ellen Clary
Senior System Administrator
Dynamic Graphics