[Dovecot] Occasional error msgs from 1.0-test49

Gregory Bond gnb at itga.com.au
Wed Oct 20 07:53:42 EEST 2004

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Does Dovecot ever reply wrong message size for RFC822.SIZE request? ..

Got one.   It just happened again on a new message, and I was running
tcpflow on the connection from waaaay before this email (UID 90356)
arrived.

Looks like a gen-you-wine Thunderbird bug, as Dovecot never gives the
bogus msg size (20480 - which is exactly 20k).

The following is from tcpflow for the imap connetion from the first
mention of this UID to the error (pasting together the two tcpflow log
files to recreate the conversation).

I'll attach this trace to the Bugzilla report.

Maybe a candidate for imap-client workaround?

Greg.