[Dovecot] Occasional error msgs from 1.0-test49

Gregory Bond gnb at itga.com.au
Wed Oct 20 05:52:46 EEST 2004

> Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Then it's requesting next -8176 next bytes (10240 - 8176 = 2064).

Yep, noticed that "coincidence".

> Does Dovecot ever reply wrong message size for RFC822.SIZE request? ..

Not that I can see here in this session, tho it is possible that it has
done so previously and the (bogus) size is being cached by Thunderbird
somehow.  I've had a poke around thunderbird's state file and it seems
not (but without understanding the INBOX.msf file format I can't be sure).

I'll try and set up some truss runs to catch this failure on a new
message - it seems pretty common so we'll see.

10240 is also a suspicious number (=10k); I wonder if that magic number
appears anywhere in Dovecot? (or Thunderbird, but I ain't scanning 200Mb
of source to find out!)