[Dovecot] Maildir owner importance

Roi Efrati roi.efrati at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 20:27:48 EET 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:58:33 +0200, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> How did you install Dovecot? It comes at least with sources. If you
> installed from binary package, it might be in /usr/share/doc/dovecot/,
> or maybe not.

It came pre build with Fedora core 2.
I have a directory : /usr/share/doc/dovecot-0.99.10.5 but it have no
dovecot-mysql.conf in it.
I also searched the drive and did not find it.

> If the file in new/ isn't moved into cur/ after logging in, Dovecot is
> looking into wrong directory for the mails. If your userdb had
> home=/var/local/virtualdir/%d/%u, then you should have either:
>
> default_mail_env=maildir:%h
> and new mails should be delivered to
> /var/local/virtualdir/domain.com/user/new/
>
> or
>
> default_mail_env=maildir:%h/Maildir
> and new mails should be delivered to
> /var/local/virtualdir/domain.com/user/Maildir/new/

At the moment the default_mail_env is set to
'maildir:/var/local/virtualdir/%d/%n'
The auth_userdb is set to 'static uid=100 gid=101
home=/var/local/virtualdir/%d/%u'

Is this correct ?