[Dovecot] Mixing mbox and maildir

Robert Cooper rac at noidea.us
Wed Dec 22 04:22:10 EET 2004

(er...meant to send this to the list....)

One thought, since I'll be doing this conversion once I get my new
mailserver in place...

Since I've only got 3-4 users, I'm planning to just open IMAP mailboxes
on both servers in Thunderbird, and drag the messages from the old
server (using mbox) to the new (using Maildir).  However, It would
require two boxes, or two IMAP servers running on different ports, and
would not be sufficient for more than, say, 5-8 users.

RobertC