[Dovecot] maildrop and multi-dbox

Juergen Daubert jue at jue.li
Mon Feb 7 14:59:12 EET 2011

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 10:36:29AM +0100, Manfred Lotz wrote:
> Hi there,
> I'm using Dovecot 2.0.9-1 under Arch Linux.
>
> Currently, I have Maildir configured, and I move all my emails into
> dovecot by using this sequence:
>
> 1) cron starts fetchmail periodically under user manfred to collect my
> mails from various email accounts.
> 2) In ~/.fetchmailrc I have configured /usr/bin/maildrop as MDA.
> 3) In ~/.mailfilter (used by maildrop) I have extensive filtering in
> place and call bogofilter (by using xfilter) to classify spam mails.
>
> This works fine so far. Now I'd like to migrate to dovecot's new format
> multi-dbox.
>
> My question now: Is it correct that then I cannot longer use
> maildrop and would need to switch do dovecot-lda?

No, you can continue using maildrop. But you must finally use
dovecot's lda to deliver the mail into the mailstore.

Instead of

 to <some_mail_box>

use the following within your rules

 /usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda -m <some_mail_box>

and the same without the -m option as the last rule in your
.mailfilter.

Greetings
Juergen

Juergen Daubert  |  mailto:jue at jue.li